Saturday, August 9, 2008

You Gotta Have......

Good Friends.....

Today was the Pic-Knit at the Surrey Museum. I really wanted to go but had to wait for my brother to fix my car. So there was a huge chance I wouldn't be able to go. When I was getting ready, while he was fixin my car, I got a phone call from Ilix (SilverIlix on rav). She was calling to see if I needed to be picked up for the event. It made me smile that she would do that for me.

Yarn! Spinning! Fiber!

The Pic-Knit was cool. It was like a smaller fiber fest. I think Ilix knew everyone there, well almost everyone and DragonRhapsody was there as well. There was some amazing yarn that I wanted just to have in my stash but I stopped myself from purchasing more yarn. I now know where to get it when I figure out to make with it. DragonRhapsody purchased a drop spindle kit that had the spindle, instructions and some roving. We were sitting knitting and one of the ladies was kind enough to show DragonRhapsody how to start.

Company......

After the Pic-knit we visited our friend Splynk at Knitopia. It was a nice visit and I purchased some yarn for a pair of gloves that my Mom's friend wants. The hour we were there went by way to quickly.


Tonight will be more organizing/cleaning up the house and working. Tomorrow will be more housework; some yardwork, if there is no rain; and a birthday BBQ for a friend. For those of you that read this and know me you will never know how much I appreciate you and how much you mean to me as a friend. Thanks for who you are and what you do. ^_^

1 comment:

Ilix said...

Right back at ya! (btw.... all is well tonight)